Today we proudly announce the release of QMC2 0.2.b5. Its MAME configuration template is in-sync with SDLMAME 0.128.
There are some nice new features in this release, a few bugs were fixed and lots of improvements were made. This is the summary of the major changes since 0.2.b4:
- Support for MAME’s output notifications via a named pipe (SDLMAME 0.127+ required)
- The emulator control panel has been changed to a multi-column tree widget to display MAME output notifications online
- Individual joystick axes can now be enabled/disabled at will – this should finally make Sixaxis users completely happy 🙂
- Built-in audio player to support background music playback (requires Qt 4.4+ and a working Phonon backend API) – Phonon features will be completely disabled for Qt 4.3 and are optional for Qt 4.4 (enabled per default if Qt 4.4+ is detected, may be explicitly disabled with make PHONON=0 …)
- The boolean emulator option values true and false are now also translatable
Note that due to a more or less serious bug which was introduced in 0.2.b4 and fixed in this release, it’s recommended to remove all cache files prior to using this version. Refer to the first entry in the change log for details.
See change-log for more information.
The QMC2 dev-team