I managed to get QMC2 and SDLMAME a working combination on OpenSolaris 2008.05! QMC2 itself was the easy part, but it was a major hassle to get a working Qt installation and SDLMAME 0.125u3 to cleanly compile and link… anyway, I created a screenshot to prove that I finally got it right :).
To get Qt to build, you will have to change the configure script to use /bin/bash instead of /bin/sh before configure is started!
In case of SDLMAME, you will have to apply several patches. For more information and the patches against 0.125u3, see this SDLMAME forum topic.
Note that it will only work with the latest development code from SVN revision 666+ (there are minor build issues with 0.2.b2).
Have fun, René