The third release of the 0.2 series of QMC2 is out now. It’s lined up with SDLMAME 0.126 which has also been released recently.
We have a lot of changes this time, many bug-fixes and improvements, and quite a few new and important features. Here’s a summary of the major changes:
- Direct GUI control via digital and analog joysticks through SDL
- Optional use of OpenGL to draw images (previews & flyers) – actually, this was mainly an experiment and is not necessarily faster than the default drawing mechanism 🙂
- Support for MAME’s history.dat & mameinfo.dat information databases (this will be changed to a more generic approach in the future to support additional information sources)
- Fullscreen toggle for the main widget
- Style handling improved to allow for on-the-fly switching to the system’s default GUI style
- Improved window flags to better handle individual windows
- Architecture-independant OS detection for distribution specific build rules
- Several widget restoration bugs were discovered and fixed, together with a number of other/older bugs…
See change-log for more information.
The QMC2 dev-team