As a result of a half-day’s hack, I’ve published my new MAME ROM Collection Management Scripts (v1.01) in the download section. It currently consists of just two simple scripts to check for obsolete ROMs and CHDs. Please carefully read the notes before using these scripts!
Yearly Archive: 2010
Today we proudly announce the release of QMC2 0.2.b17!
This version comes with a great number of major fixes and improvements that should make it one of the best releases ever. The most important changes include:
- Added generic support to drive a ROM tool for any external processing based on the game/machine ID or its title
- Support for newer XML data when retrieving game/machine details
- Experimental support for Qt 4.7 — basically working fine, but there’s one embedder-related (minor) issue left
- X11 platforms only: the embedder now handles multiple emulators correctly when they are running the same game/machine
QMC2 0.2.b17 is in sync with MAME 0.140 and MESS 0.139 — template updates for MESS 0.140 will follow if required.
See the detailed change-log for more information.
The QMC2 dev-team
Updated templates for (SDL)MESS 0.139 have been committed to SVN. These updates aren’t really required, but the default value for the option writeconfig should be changed from false to true (this is the complete opposite from MAME, BTW). You can either change this manually (see below for template file locations) or use the updated templates — it’s up to you.
Here are the quick links to the updated templates (use save link as in your browser):
Replace these files in the QMC2 0.2.b16 source tree and reinstall it, or put them in the paths where they have been installed.
The default installation places them below /usr/local/share/qmc2/opt/… on UNIX and /Library/Application Support/qmc2/opt/… on Mac OS X. If you installed QMC2 from a binary package on UNIX, the templates will most likely be stored in /usr/share/qmc2/opt/…!
On Windows, just replace these files within the sub-directory structure of QMC2′s installation path (or where it has been extracted). The templates are then stored in the relative path dataopt…!
QMC2 0.2.b16 has been released today!
The most important changes this time include:
- Enhanced emulator configuration template format to allow for OS-specific handling of certain options and attributes
- The ini-importer now cleanly handles white space in string values
- The built-in MP3 player received another set of improvements and fixes
- Generally, QMC2 now better supports Qt 4.6 environments
- Major efforts have been made to cleanly support Mac OS X (however, there’s a Qt/Phonon bug on that platform which causes a crash on exit)
The emulator configuration templates are in sync with MAME 0.139 and MESS 0.138 (if required, template updates for MESS 0.139 will follow when it’s released).
See the change-log for more information.
The QMC2 dev-team