Happy new year everybody!
Today we proudly announce the release of QMC2 0.2.b13. This version incorporates a number of interesting new features as well as a major overhaul of great parts of the code to get rid of some long-standing bugs and restrictions.
The most important changes since 0.2.b12 include:
- Emulator configuration widgets now use check-boxes (instead of the former combo-boxes) for all boolean settings — thanks to Bill Blake for the suggestion
- During a session, the item expansion state and scroll bar values of game- or machine-specific emulator configurators are preserved
- Except for icons in menus, all static icons are now adjusted to the size of the current application font (even icons on the tool bar)
- You can now specify a separate font for all log browsers (mono-spaced fonts are recommended)
- X11 & SDLMAME/SDLMESS only: optional / on-demand embedding of emulator windows through XEmbed (includes related features such as an easy snapshot tool — additional features are planned or under consideration)
- Support for additional (foreign) emulators which can be used on a per-game/per-machine basis (among others, this includes support for XMAME/XMESS for those who may still care 😉 )
- New Portuguese translation — thanks to Marcelo Bossoni
- Quite a number of important bug-fixes, work-arounds and further improvements
This version is in sync with SDLMAME/MAME/MAMEUIFX 0.136 and SDLMESS/MESS 0.135 (as always, template updates for (SDL)MESS 0.136 will be posted here later when required).
See the change-log for more information.
The QMC2 dev-team