Monthly Archive: November 2011
QMC2 0.34 has finally been released! This version is in sync with MAME & MESS 0.144, which were also released just recently.
The most important highlights this time include:
- Added a driver status column to all views (new game/machine list cache format, will automatically be updated)
- Support for MAME’s & MESS’s new device-referencing
- Support for machine-specific device slots / slot options, integrated with the MESS device configurator
- A new file chooser dialog has been added to the MESS device configurator as an easy-to-use alternative to the manual setup
- Device type icons are now displayed to better symbolize MESS device instances
- MESS variants now use their own logo, and all variants use new unified applications icons — thanks to Anna Wu
- Added support for the new messinfo.dat file from AntoPISA (see http://www.progettosnaps.net/messinfo/)
- Icons are now also supported for all MESS targets
- Completed the support for software-lists in MAME and MESS (ZIP-support for software-snaps will be added in the next release)
- Added a new tool-function to allow for forced removal of ALL emulator related caches at once
- Customizable columns in all game-/machine-list and software-list views
- You can now specify an additional source ROM path for the ROMAlyzer’s set rewriter in order to allow for merging updates
- For ZIP-archived icons (actually the only practical way to store them) support for ICO format has been added — this means that for instance MAMU’s icon can now be used directly, w/o conversion to PNGs!
- Locale-aware statistics in the ROM status exporter and the GUI’s ROM status bar
- General overhaul of the main-widget’s layout parameters to allow for a somewhat more compact design
- YouTube video player: added support for YouTube’s new way of presenting video stream URLs
- Added support for item-tagging and a number of related operations that can now also be performed for tagged games/machines
The source code is now available in the download section. Expect updated binary packages within the next few hours and days.
For more details, please see the change-log of the current release.
The QMC2 dev-team