Note that we’re searching for QMC2 translators and people who want to support qualifying & maintaining existing translations. If you are interested and want to get involved, please contact us!
Be aware, though, that doing a new translation from scratch means a) a little learning curve regarding Qt’s internationalization tools in case you haven’t worked with them before (mainly Qt Linguist) and b) is a remarkable amount of work initially. However, once this is done, all later regular updates shouldn’t be too heavy. Also, being familiar with basic SVN commands (or tools) wouldn’t hurt. An absolute requirement is a sourceforge.net account in order to get SVN write access!
We appreciate any type of contribution, be it just a singular patch or more than that, but we prefer a long-term commitment, especially when you would like to take over the maintainer-job for a translation. Translations are no static thing, they require regular updates as the project evolves, and someone to take care of this!
The current status of the existing translations is this:
- US English (us): maintained by René Reucher: up-to-date, no support required
- German (de): maintained by René Reucher: up-to-date, no support required
- Polish (pl): maintained by Julian Sikorski: up-to-date, support requested
- Portuguese (pt): maintained by Marcelo Bossoni: up-to-date, support may be welcome
- French (fr): maintained by Vincent Bousquet: out-of-date, support required, might need a new maintainer
- Feel free to add your language here ;-)!
Thanks in advance,
The QMC2 dev-team