Monthly Archive: September 2012
Updated binary packages for openSUSE and Windows have been uploaded!
Package links are in the download section:
QMC2 0.37 has been released!
This major update synchronizes QMC2 with MAME, MESS and UME 0.147 which were released earlier today.
The most important changes in this release include:
- As mentioned earlier on this channel: support for UME has been added!
- The image support has been rewritten completely (code unification) and a new multi-threaded image-checker has been created as a replacement for the old one which didn’t support all image types and was slightly buggy.
- The YouTube video player now supports local movie files as well. They can be attached to games/machines in the same way as YouTube videos.
- The game/machine detail tabs can now also be reordered directly in the GUI by dragging them with the mouse.
- MESS device-mapper: support for nested slots and real slot recursion was added, slot-setups are now stored with the configurations, and the BIOS used in slot-devices can be selected (if applicable).
- Software-lists: available mount-devices are dynamically updated whenever the device/slot setup changes, <info> elements contained in a number of software-list entries are now displayed as well, and the value for the emulator’s -snapname parameter can be auto-adjusted for easier creation of software-snapshots.
- HTML editor: added document preview in built-in browser as well as new-from-template and revert-from-saved-file functionality.
- Replaced all QMC2 variant logos and splash-screens with improved versions from JacKc.
The source code is now available in the download section. Expect updated binary packages within the next few days.
See change-log for more information!
The QMC2 dev-team
We had already moved our wiki pages from SourceForge.net to wikia.com, but we weren’t happy with this decision (which was meant to be a temporary solution anyway), so we’ve now installed a completely new wiki as well and moved all pages to it: