QMC2 0.70 has been released. It’s synced with MAME 0.180 which was released earlier today!
Besides the usual bug-fixes and improvements QMC2 now has a new icon cache database which is used to slightly speed up icon loading and to make it more independent from the user’s concrete setup. The support for MAME output notifiers has been redone from scratch and should work on any OS now (including Windows, though this is still untested). And last but not least we’ve added optional automatic adjustment of the emulator’s statename parameter in software-lists for easier separation of state-files. See the change-log below for details!
The source code is now available in the download section. As always, expect updated binary packages within the next few hours and days.
The QMC2 dev-team
Full change-log for 0.70:
- fix: ROMAlyzer / collection rebuilder: corrected the logged uncompressed size of a dump when reading from a ZIP archive through minizip (minor)
- fix: image or icon sources weren’t refreshed correctly when the decompressor setup (zip, 7z or libarchive) was changed on-the-fly
- fix: honor the component setup / tab order when updating the tab icon for the currently selected view
- imp: removed all ‘terminate emulator’ actions as they don’t work with modern MAME (‘kill emulator’ actions still work and got a nicer icon)
- imp: updated template format to v0.2.9 which adds an optional ‘wip’ attribute for emulator options
- imp: updated PDF.js to a newer git revision (as of 27-OCT-2016)
- imp: updated the os-detection script to also support Arch Linux (also added a distribution specific configuration file for it)
- imp: slightly improved start-up performance
- imp: updated category.ini to MAME 0.180
- imp: renamed all remaining settings that were still using the string “Game” in their names to a “Machine” pendant
- imp: emulator configuration templates updated to MAME 0.180 (added new core option ‘homepath’)
- imp: updated minizip to a newer git revision (as of 14-NOV-2016)
- new: added a new ‘icon cache database’ which stores decompressed icon data already mapped to machine IDs (this should speed up icon loading for everyone but can be disabled if not)
- new: reimplemented the support for MAME output notifiers in a platform independent way (this requires a modern version of MAME)
- new: software-lists: added optional automatic adjustment of the emulator’s -statename parameter for easier state-file separation — see also bug tracker ID #129